The Gallery is intrinsically local with a national and
It boasts the highest marketing penetration of any cultural venue in Adelaide (80%) and enjoys a
history of generosity from its benefactors.
The Adelaide Biennial is the hallmark exhibition within our programming.
Delivered every two years (even year), it is the country’s longest standing survey of contemporary Australian art.
Each major exhibition includes the following:
- An invitation-only launch event, attended by over 1,000 guests including Gallery members, business leaders, cultural ambassadors, Government representatives, supporters and media.
- A dedicated exhibition campaign, with activity across local print, radio, television, online, transit and outdoor media.
- An international publicity campaign supported by the South Australian Tourism Commission and Brand South Australia (where applicable).
Other programs include:
- A program for children and families, including free daily participatory activity within our STUDIO and monthly highlight events (first Sunday of every month) named START.
- A program for afterhours engagement, First Fridays, extending the Gallery’s operations till 9pm on the first Friday of every month featuring live entertainment.
- A volunteers program offering guided tours and weekly talks.
- Member engagement and fundraising activities.
Our audiences include:
- Over 779,000 attendances annually (26% reside interstate)
- 4,000 subscribed (financial) members
- 550 art enthusiasts aligned with our Contemporary Collectors (Donor) program
- A volunteer program comprised of over 300 individuals annually
- 3,000 enthusiastic families, registered with START
For more information please contact:
T 08 8207 7031
Installation view: Dart Heart, Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide, 2014.