Calling all budding architects and designers
How can great architecture transform a city? Submit your ideas for an iconic building to showcase works of art from across Australia and around the world.
Who can enter?
South Australian school students in Years 4 – 12
6 July 2018
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Innovative use of Materials
- Most Sustainable Design
- Most Creative Interpretation of Brief
- Most Considered Design for Access for All Visitors
- Best Overall Design
Short-listed submissions will be uploaded to our website and social media.
Download a detailed information pack
Download a poster for your classroom
This competition calls for future designers and artists to imagine an inspirational new art gallery for our city. This building will encourage people to visit, learn and have fun exploring.
You may pay particular attention to the following:
- Building exterior
- Interactive Making Space – a fun, interactive space for art lovers of all ages
- Sculpture park – an outdoor park with temporary and permanent sculptures
- Branding – logo, signage and other visual identity elements
Your design must include one of the key design considerations:
- Honour the Kaurna site
- Impact on the environment
- Equal access to for all people
- Provide opportunities for students to respond in a variety of ways by keeping materials and strategies diverse.
- Research other art galleries around the world. Check the list of resources for suggestions.
- Exhibit – Why not share your students’ STEM learning in your school community by hosting a student exhibition of their results? We would love to hear about your exhibition opening.
VISITING THE GALLERY
You may like to arrange a special visit to Art Gallery of South Australia for a site analysis as a class where you may have an opportunity to speak with the Project Manager of Adelaide Contemporary about the project and observe how visitors interact with the current space followed by a creative idea generation session.
Duration: 2 hours
Bookings are essential, contact email@example.com to arrange your visit. Please provide 3 potential dates/times for your visit and the year level and number of students.
The Gallery’s Learning and Educator programs are supported by the Government of South Australia through the Department of Education and Child Development.