Bookings are essential for all schools and groups, including self-guided visits and we recommend providing three weeks of your visit.
The Gallery is wheelchair accessible and toilet facilities, including disabled toilets, are located near the Santos Atrium.
Once your booking has been confirmed you will be sent a confirmation email and your school will be invoiced.
We encourage all school classes to book online
Your booking will be confirmed via email. If you are running late, or need to cancel please call (08) 8207 7033
Preparing your visit will ensure an educational and enjoyable trip to the Gallery.
• Visit the Gallery prior to your excursion to develop a clear plan for your visit. Works of art on display may change from time to time, some content that might not be suitable for all visitors.
• Download free interpretive resources to help you plan pre and post-visit learning.
• Prepare your students by teaching them about Gallery Etiquette
1:6 for Preschool – year 2
1:10 for years 3–7
1:15 for years 8–12
• Look closely at works of art
• Ask questions
• Discover something new
• Respect the works of art by not touching. Did you know the oils on our hands can damage works of art?
• Be mindful of other visitors
• Pencils only
• Food and drink cannot be consumed inside the galleries
• Enjoy your visit
ARRIVING AT THE GALLERY
• Enter via the Fish Gates. If arriving by private bus, we recommend being dropped off along Kintore Avenue. See map for details.
• Sign in at the Atrium desk and meet your Gallery Guide who will assist you to place all belongings in a storage trolley located near The Studio.
• Divide your students into supervised groups, as per the ratio recommendation.
Lunch can be eaten in the sculpture garden, but don’t forget your hat and sunscreen. (See map)
We recommend that students do not bring valuables and large school bags. We have limited storage and can the security of high-value items cannot be guaranteed.
We encourage non-flash photography to record and support discussion and learning back at school. Visitors are permitted to take photographs, for personal use, in all areas of the Gallery unless signage advises that photography is restricted in a specific area
KEEPING IN TOUCH
For resources, classroom suggestions and learning program updates for students and teachers, subscribe to the Learning E-news and follow artgalleryofsa_learning on Instagram and Learning at the Gallery on Facebook.
We would love to see photos of your students engaging with works of art or participating in workshops. Perhaps you have a classroom display or works of art created by your students inspired by your visit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org your work examples so we can share your outcomes with other educators. *Caregiver permission for publicity purposes is required for student contributions.